DESTINATION INFORMATION - Port Harcourt
- Le Meridien Ogeyi Place, one of the best hotels in Port Harcourt, Nigeria is located in a highbrow semi residential area in the heart of Port Harcourt city. The hotel is approximately 45 minutes from the Port Harcourt international airport and is 5 minutes away from the Garden city Airforce Base Airport.
- This Port Harcourt hotel overlooks a lush green beautiful landscape of the Port Harcourt Polo club on the one side and picturesque view of Port Harcourt city on the other. Both views reflect the wonderful landscape of Rivers state.
- The Rivers people have a rich cultural heritage which is prominent amongst it's people. Their dance, diverse traditional attires and their cuisine, reflect the rich culture of the state. The Rivers state Museum of Arts, Genesis Cinemas, Silverbird Galleria and reputable shopping centres, are approximately 5 minutes drive away from the hotel.
- There is an annual carnival that takes place in the state around November called CARNIRIV. This event is widely attended by foreigners and locals as well. The Africa International Film festival (AFRIFF), a celeberation of the art of film making has been launched and will be held later this year in Port Harcourt.
- Rivers state is the commercial center for the Southern part of Nigeria, mainly because of the huge crude oil business the state offers.
- The hotel is approximately 2 kilometers away from the Oluobasanjo Police station, Mobile Police barracks, Nigerian Army Bori Camp Barracks and the Nigerian Airforce Base.
- The people of Rivers State, are warm and have a strong love for Soccer. Little wonder, the state is home to one of Nigeria's Premier League football sides, SHARKS FC of Port Harcourt. The indigenes also engage in farming of local food crops